Privacy Notice for Writers
Last updated: May 23, 2018.
Your privacy is critically important to us. We have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal data we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you while you provide us your services through our websites and other platforms.
- We store personal information for no longer we really have a need to keep it or when it is required by law.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on this website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Below is EssayShark.com’s Privacy Notice, which incorporates and clarifies these principles.
Who We Are and What This Privacy Notice Covers
Hi there! We are the folks behind this website. We are the company FrogProg Limited.
This Privacy Notice applies to information that we collect about you when you use:
- Our website – EssayShark.com;
- Our mobile applications (either for Android and iOS); and
- Other products and services that are available on or through our website (if any).
Throughout this Privacy Notice we’ll refer to our website EssayShark.com and mobile applications collectively as “Website”.
We shall also refer to the academic writing services you provide to us through our Website as “Services”.
We are committed to protect and respect your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out how we may use, process and store your personal information. If such personal information can directly or indirectly refer to you as a natural person, such information consists your “Personal Data” and shall be protected by us with a strict accuracy. Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us.
How We Can Receive Your Information
We may get that information from you or our partners, through contracts or other legal arrangements you have with us in order to deliver contractual/legal obligations. Your permission and consent can be collected by us directly through the Website, or we may receive your personal information from third parties whom you have given consent to pass this information on to us.
Information we collect about you
If you visit our website or member communities, we may automatically collect information about you, for example:
- Technical information
- IP addresses
- Information about what type of device you use to connect to our website
- How you interact with our website.
How we respond to do not track signals
We do not respond to Do-Not-Track signals.
Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online service you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we do not answer when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit allaboutdnt.com.
Here you can find the types of the Personal Data we collect and the purposes of its processing:
|#||Personal Data types||Purposes we collect your information for|
|3||User’s Name and Surname|
|6||Copy of diploma|
|7||Academic writing experience information|
|8||Photo files of the User (with personal ID)|
|9||User’s payment accounts details such as credit card, PayPal or other financial account information, and billing address|
|11||Skype ID (optional)|
Why do we collect Personal Data?
We collect information for the some or all of following reasons:
- To provide you with access to our Website in course of rendering the Services to us;
- To provide information about the Website updates or changes or the Services we are ready to order from you within a reasonable time afterwards, if you are already an existing User of our Website;
- To provide information to you about the Services we are interested to receive from you;
- To order your Services under contract;
- To be informed about your competences in course of the rendering the Services to us;
- For legal reasons, for example, if you have entered into a contract with us;
- To provide marketing information to you about our products and services if you have consented to receive it;
- To pay you for the rendered Services.
Grounds of collecting information from you
We may collect information from you when we have a legal reason (allowed by law or under contract) to collect the information, or when you have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose (e.g. services provision or newsletters).
Legal basis we have for processing your personal data
We may process your personal data because:
- We have a contract with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- You are rendering Services to us;
- You have asked us to do so;
- To comply with the law.
All of these reasons are reasons we may legally process the information we have about you.
Ways of giving information
You may give us information about you with your consent, for example:
- By filling in a form or sending us an e-mail;
- By posting the Services result at the Website;
- By applying to our vacancies;
This information may be personal, financial, billing, educational, or related to your Services.
You may give us information for legal reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when you are interested in rendering the Services to us.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, any other services we provide, or from our business partners entitled to collect information on our behalf.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, background checking agencies) and may receive information about you from them as part of the contract between us, or for other legal reasons.
Files. We may collect and store the files you upload, download, or access with the Website. Please do not share with us or our end clients the files you are not permitted to use. Please do not upload or share with us the files that contain your personal information or personal information of third parties without permission or unless we ask you to do so. We may not guarantee that such personal information will be secured.
Who might we share your information with?
We may share your personal data with third parties, either because you have consented to allow us to do so or for other legal reasons. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- Our marketing staff to provide you with promotional materials after you have registered at our Website;
- Our group companies, which means our subsidiaries, or our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- Subcontractors and third parties for the purpose of the performance of a contract that we hold with them or that we hold with you;
- With third parties because you have given consent;
- With tax authorities or other authorized state bodies to confirm our payments to you.
Other reasons we may share your personal information with a third party
If ForgProg Limited or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its users, customers and contractors will be one of the transferred assets of the company.
In addition, we will share your personal data with third parties for the following reasons:
- If we must comply with a legal obligation;
- If it is legally requested by government agency;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of FrogProg Limited, our customers or others;
- If exchange information with third parties aimed to prevent fraud or to reduce our credit risks.
Aggregated or anonymized data
We may, from time to time, provide third parties with data that has been aggregated or anonymized.
This means that your personal information that could be used to identify you have been removed from the data. Data provided to third parties in this way is not personal data and is only statistics or similar data; however, you do keep your right to object.
Where we store and process your personal data
We primarily store and process your personal data in the EU/European Economic Area or USA (“EEA”). By accepting this Privacy Notice you give us the right to store your personal data in other states if we have servers or storages outside the EEA. We assure you that all your data is encrypted in secure way and no unauthorized persons may access them.
Some examples of reasons your data may be processed outside of the EEA include:
- Order fulfilment;
- Payment processing;
- Technical support services.
If your personal data cannot be processed within the EEA, we will:
- Comply with all data protection principles;
- Where possible, choose a country that is on the list of the EU Commissions’ countries that provide adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects;
- If the transfer is to the United States of America, we will use reasonable endeavors to make sure they participate in the Privacy Shield program;
- Make sure we have assessed the adequacy of protections in all other cases.
Access to your personal data via password
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Transmission and storage of your personal data
We take a number of steps to protect your data, but no security is guaranteed.
We take commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information we collect and store about you. All access to the Website is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (TLS). When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our users. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure and do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will not retain your Personal Data for longer than required.
We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
- Until you request us to stop using it or delete it.
We may keep just enough of your Personal Data to ensure that we comply with your requests not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes your personal data until such time as you are no longer our contractor, or for tax purposes etc.
Unless you request that we delete certain information (e.g. changing your information or closing your account), we retain the information we collect for at least 6 years and may retain the information for as long as needed for our business and legal purposes.
Please note, that in case your account is connected with any fraudulent act on our Website in violation of our Terms of Services, or any other illegal acts, we will keep the data of such account even after you ask us to delete it, to prevent any other frauds and violations.
If you have questions about our Data Retention Policy, we can provide you a copy. Please contact: email@example.com.
If you chose not to give your personal information to us
If the Personal Data is necessary in order to receive your Services under a contract between you and FrogProg Limited, we will have to refuse entering into that contract or before you give us your personal information.
We will respect your legal rights to your Personal Data.
Below are the rights that you have under law, and what we do to protect those rights:
|Legal right||What we do to protect your rights|
|The right to be informed||We are publishing this Privacy Notice to keep you informed as to what we do with your personal information. We strive to be transparent about how we use your data. We will also answer all your questions regarding this Notice send to the firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to access||You have the right to access your information. Please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com if you wish to access the personal information we hold about you.|
|The right to rectification||If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or not complete, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we must also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you need us to rectify your information: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to erasure||This is sometimes called ‘the right to be forgotten’. If you want us to erase all your personal data and we do not have any legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com|
|The right to restrict processing||You have the right to ask us to restrict how we process your data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. If you want us to restrict processing of your data, please contact our Data Protection Office: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to data portability||We must allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across Websites’ services in a safe and secure way without this effecting the usability of your data. Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you want information how to port your data elsewhere: email@example.com. This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to us as the Data Controller. The data must be held by us by consent or for the performance of a contract.|
|The right to object||You have the right to object to us processing your data even if it is based on our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for the purposeless statistics. If you wish to object, please contact our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to withdraw consent||If you have given us your consent to process your data but have changed your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and we must stop processing your data. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com|
|The right to complain to a Supervisory Authority|
You have the right to complain to the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection if you feel that we have not responded to your requests to solve a problem. You can find their contact details here:Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection
1 Iasonos str., 1082 Nicosia
P.O.Box 23378, 1682 Nicosia
Tel: +357 22818456
Fax: +357 22304565
Links to other websites
From time to time, our website may contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any such notices. Please check these notices, where available, before you submit any personal data to these websites.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, we do not allow use of our Website by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. Laws, regulations and industry standards evolve, which may make those changes necessary, or we may make changes to our business. We will post the changes to this page and encourage you to review them to stay informed. If we make changes that materially alter your privacy rights, we will provide additional notice, such as via email or through the Website. If you disagree with the changes to this Privacy Notice, you should deactivate your account.
The Laws and Regulations
The laws that govern personal data in the EU are:
- The Data Protection Act (1998)
- REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
How can you reach us?
This is our registered address, company number and contact information:
- Current version (May 23, 2018)
- Jan 17, 2017
Place New Order It's free, fast, and safe
- Fill in the order form. Give precise instructions.
No need to pay at this stage.
- Start receiving proposals from our writers within
minutes and chat with them live.
You still don't have to pay at this stage.
- Ready to select one of the writers? Deposit funds into your EssayShark balance so that a writer can work on your order.
Attention: You didn't actually pay the writer yet!
- Watch your paper being written and pay your writer
You still have full control: you pay only for what has already been completed.
- Get exactly what you needed!
9.57 out of 10 - average quality score
923 writers active
147 writers online now