Debatable Bullying Topics for Controversial Essays
Bullying is a problem that has been ignored for a long time. Facing “bullies” was considered a part of socialization and coming of age. However, bullying is a cause of many psychological problems that may have terrible long-term consequences.
All of us should be aware of this issue and try to stop bullies! For now, let’s take a look at some controversial bullying topics. You may find a great theme for your paper on psychology, sociology, or education.
Cyber Bullying Topics for Essay Samples
- Can cyberbullying cause suicides?
- Social awareness about cyberbullying: what can be done?
- Do you agree with the statement that a total prohibition on cyberbullying in social media violates the First Amendment?
- How can parents reduce cyberbullying against their child?
- Is cyberbullying a crucial problem facing young people?
- Is cyberbullying harmless compared to physical bullying?
- Should teens be afraid of cyberbullying?
- Is cyberbullying among adolescents worth attention from adults?
- Is cyberbullying overhyped?
- Can cyberbullying cause depression?
- Should teachers keep tabs on students’ social media profiles to prevent cyberbullying?
- What kind of bullying has a greater effect: cyberbullying or face-to-face bullying?
- Who are “trolls”? What do they have to do with cyberbullying?
- How has technology affected school bullying (or cyberbullying)?
Essay Topics on Bullying at School
- School rules against bullying: are they efficient?
- Should schools do more to stop bullying?
- Should schools and colleges step in when students misuse social-network sites on school property?What are effective punishments for bullying at school?
- How can kids stand against bullying on their own?
- How does bullying affect students’ grades?
- Why don’t students stand against bullying when they witness it?
- Compare and contrast pranks and bullying. Should pranks be forbidden at schools?
- How will implementing school uniforms help to prevent bullying at schools?
- What should a student do if he or she becomes a victim of bullying?
- Who is responsible for bullying at schools: kids or adults?
- How can children with eating disorders avoid bullying?
- How can bullying of students with disabilities be stopped?
- What long-term effects does bullying at school have?
- How can students organize an efficient anti-bullying campaign?
Essay Topics on Bullying in the Workplace
- The effects of workplace bullying on job performance.
- Do the organization’s leaders deal with workplace bullying effectively?
- Compare and contrast the effects of bullying on mental health at school and in the workplace.
- Detail the negative effects of bullying in the workplace on employees’ productivity.
- How can employees stop bullying on behalf of their supervisors?
Argumentative Topics on Bullying for Essays
- Should bullying prevention be a part of education programs?
- Do the members of LGBT communities become the victims of bullying more often than other students?
- Do violent games increase the level of bullying?
- Why should we stop bullying?
- Why should bullying carry criminal sanction?
- Is enough being done about bullying?
- Is bullying at school the main reason for a negative self-image among young men?
- Can teachers use social media to solve school bullying?
- Does bullying have any advantages?
- Should a student who bullies regularly be suspended from school or college?
- What makes bullying a serious problem?
- Can interfering in other countries’ business be considered bullying?
- Why do you hate bullying?
- Why is the participation of celebrities in anti-bullying campaigns important?
- Is bullying tolerable?
- Is the negative effect of bullying on children mentality irreversible?
- Why does anonymity on the internet facilitate bullying?
Controversial Bullying Topics for A-Level Essays
- The negative impact of bullying on children’s self-esteem.
- How has social media changed the phenomenon of bullying?
- How can bullying be prevented at the national level?
- How does the misunderstanding of masculinity cause bullying?
- Why are students less tolerant of differences than adults? Does intolerance cause bullying?
- Bullying in sports teams: detail the reasons and consequences.
- Compare and contrast bullying against girls and boys.
- How do gender stereotypes provoke bullying?
- What is common between genocides and bullying?
- Can bullying be considered a way to increase one’s self-esteem?
- Compare the similarities and differences between slavery and bullying.
- How has social media affected body image and bullying?
- What is the connection between bullying and sexual assault?
If you want to learn more about the effects of bullying, read our essay sample on the cause and effect of bullying on the blog. We hope that our topics on bullying for essays have helped you to look at this phenomenon from a different angle.
Literature and Movies for Your Essay on Bullying Topics
We want to give you more information, so our writers have composed a list of books, essays, and movies about bullying.
Some of these sources are entertaining, and others will make you think about this serious problem.
“Words that Wound” by Kathleen Vail
“Lord of the Flies” by William Golding
“Face” by Benjamin Zephaniah
“Bullies: How the Left’s Culture of Fear and Intimidation Silences Americans” by Ben Shapiro
“Each Kindness” by Jacqueline Woodson
“Managing Workplace Bullying: How to Identify, Respond to and Manage Bullying Behaviour in the Workplace” by Aryanne Oade
“The 18th Emergency” by Betsy Byars
“Dealing With Bullying in Schools: A Training Manual for Teachers, Parents and Other Professionals” by Mona O’Moore and Stephen James Minton
“Blubber” by Judy Blume
“Cyber Bullying: Bullying in the Digital Age” by Robin M. Kowalski, Susan P. Limber, and Patricia W. Agatston
“No Kidding About Bullying: 125 Ready-to-Use Activities to Help Kids Manage Anger, Resolve Conflicts, Build Empathy, and Get Along” by Naomi Drew
“The Bully at Work: What You Can Do to Stop the Hurt and Reclaim Your Dignity on the Job” by Gary Namie and Ruth Namie
“A Girl Like Her” (2015)
“Lord of the Flies” (1963)
If bullying topics and sources aren’t enough to spark your inspiration, keep calm – we have a solution for you. Forget about the deadlines and apply to the EssayShark expert writers! They can provide you with a unique and well-written essay sample about bullying at an affordable price. You can use our samples as templates for your work or as reliable sources of information.
Learn easier with EssayShark!