Business Topics for Research Paper
The business world is complex, sometimes cruel, and full of pitfalls. Not many experienced analysts can predict the development of the market. Students who study at business departments are often assigned with business research papers in which they need to investigate diverse companies, consumer behavior, and the flow of active assets.
However, teachers understand that students can’t be absolutely accurate in issues that concern the future or potential actions. Therefore, instructors usually evaluate students’ abilities to analyze and prove opinions. Also, they expect interesting business topics for research paper writing from students. Below, you will find unusual research paper topic ideas that you can use to complete your paper.
Business topics for research paper on workplace diversity
What is work place diversity? Briefly speaking, it’s a company’s strategy that implies hiring employees of different ages, races, ethnicities, and genders. Is it just tolerance in an effective marketing strategy? Choose the subject for investigation below and find the answer to this question.
- How does gender influence a person’s ability to manage large and small teams?
- Why do companies that work in certain niches prefer to hire youth? Explain with an example of one or several similar organizations.
- How do the differences in ethnical cultures affect team-building processes?
- Are there difficulties in cross-functional cooperation of departments that contain people of different ages?
- What types of companies hire more men than women and why? Do they believe that stereotypes on the efficiency of such a hiring approach are empirically confirmed?
Business topics for research paper on management techniques
A slew of factors affect the growth of companies, and one of the key factors is effective management. How entrepreneurs of top organizations build businesses so that they rapidly develop, as well as their strategies and techniques, are ideas you can explore by creating an essay on the topics below.
- What personal qualities should the perfect manager possess?
- How to find out preemptively that a person is ready to hold a managing position? Are psychological tests effective in defining this?
- How do entrepreneurs of big companies develop emotional resilience to stand out during a crisis?
- To what extent is top management responsible for building good relationships among colleagues?
- What steps should managers take to fulfill career longings and ambitions of each employee?
Business topics for research paper on success of small businesses
Though big companies have more sources for product enhancing and advertising, they sometimes lose small businesses in definite niches, such as bakeries, flower shops, coffee houses, and others. Why is it so? Try to understand how this happens by writing a paper. Here are some ideas:
- What types of products do consumers often purchase from small companies instead of big companies?
- What are the most effective strategies for promoting a small business?
- How would the market change if small businesses became extinct?
- What niches don’t fit small businesses?
- Is organizing a business with a friend a good or bad idea? What are advantages and disadvantages?
Business topics for research paper on franchises
Typically, businessmen buy franchises when they don’t want to spend much time on the concept of a brand, advertising, or marketing strategy. What are advantages and disadvantages of buying franchises? Investigate the issue using our topics:
- What are the disadvantages of buying a franchise comparing to setting up a new business?
- Why are fitness franchises becoming more and more popular?
- What franchise models exist and which should be chosen for a coffee house?
- Should franchisees promote the brands on their own or is it the responsibility of franchise holders?
- What items should be included in a franchise agreement to save the franchisees from spending much money without reward?
Business topics for research paper on globalization
Globalization has an impact on market tendencies and companies’ approaches towards consumers. Companies need to adopt new techniques and marketing strategies to satisfy consumers’ needs. Examine the following questions on globalization.
- What factors should companies consider when deciding the market and country of which they would like to come?
- How has consumer behavior changed since the beginning of globalization?
- How does the Chinese market benefit from globalization?
- Does the process of globalization still prosper, or will it inevitably see a decrease?
- How do business clusters move globalization?
Business topics for research paper ideas
- Will involvement in a charity make a company more popular and likable?
- If personal guns are banned, will this ruin the handgun production industry?
- Should minimum salary (or minimum wage) be canceled? If so, how do you evaluate each employee’s work?
- Will the traditional definition of commerce and retail die in 10-15 years, and shopping activity migrate entirely to the Internet?
- Is advertizing on the Internet more effective than other kinds of ads?
- Should tobacco production companies be obliged to pay more taxes or donate to cancer curing facilities?
- What are the main disadvantages of outsourcing?
- What role does business ethics play in making important decisions for a company?
- What roles do ethics and morality play in a business-oriented society?
- How do you make a museum exhibition interesting and marketable?
- What are the key factors that contributed to high sales rates of mobile phones in the last three years?
- What are the challenges faced by companies with international human resources?
- What are some old and rigid corporate rituals that are still present to this day?
- Is brainstorming as effective in creating business solutions and ideas as it is said to be?
- Define “healthy work environment.” How can you create one?
- What is the best country in 2016 to invest money in and why?
- How do both world crises and military conflicts influence business in the US?
- Is it true that people are more willing to pay for a famous brand than for a commodity with the same properties produced by a less famous brand? Why or why not?
- The power of image in modern business culture and its effect on consumers’ minds.
- What are some psychological tricks that make people buy more expensive goods or a higher quantity than they had originally planned?
- What is the culture of consumerism? Do you believe that it was artificially created by the largest companies for their own profit?
- How does feminism influence products for women (clothes, make up, etc.)?
- What are the most influential brands among teenagers in recent years?
- If recycling is made mandatory, will it influence the prices of goods? Will it be beneficial in the longer term?
- Is it acceptable for companies to be allowed to advertise their products in schools?
- How has social media changed marketing strategies that we use?
- Should every company hire a psychologist to deal with employee stress?
- Corporate sports and art classes as enhancers of creativity and healthy work environments.
- Why have start-ups become so popular in recent years? What is the reason for the occurrence of this phenomenon?
- How can entrepreneurs be encouraged to lead more eco-friendly policies in their companies?
Here you can also find international business research paper topics. In case you are interested in other subjects to write your research paper within, check out the list of outstanding research paper topics.
How to choose business research paper topic
One way to start a business research paper is to find a problem that you’d like to research and that you’d like to solve. Taking this step will help you to formulate an interesting research topic.
But what does it mean to find a problem?
A good researcher can find something extraordinary or unusual in the ordinary, is able to see the complexities and contradictions in what, at first glance, may seem familiar, clear, or simple to others. The easiest way to develop the ability to identify problems is to learn to look at the same objects from different perspectives. Think and write down the business problems that interest you.
Questions to help you choose a business research paper topic
Choosing a topic is not difficult if you know what interests you. What business problem worries you more than others? If you can’t immediately understand what you would like to know about, try asking yourself the following questions:
- What business am I curious about that I currently find confusing?
- What business sphere is studied less than others are?
- What business topic do I know about but would like to learn more deeply?
- What business topic is particularly relevant now?
- What business topic impacts me the most?
If these questions don’t help, you could, perhaps contact your teachers, ask your parents, or talk to your classmates about it. Maybe someone else can suggest an interesting idea to you.
Sources to find business research topics
Today you can write a research paper on any topic within an hour, however, the main thing is to know where to get the right sources of information. It’s good if your teacher clearly outlines the range of literature to be used in the business paper. However, usually the student is given complete freedom to research the best answer. This can involve lengthy and not always productive search work. If this is the case with you, consider a few tips.
The first and most consistently reliable option for selecting literature for a business research paper is to use the course program, which, as a rule, is drawn up by the teachers themselves.
The course program often includes a list of relevant literature. Much of the essential literature might have been covered in lectures, many elective texts were likely less discussed – and it’s been left up to you to familiarize yourself with them. This optional list might contain a couple of relevant scientific papers pertaining to the topic of the business paper that you’d like to write, or on a very similar topic.
Good business texts that were a part of your course might also reference other sources – that could be excellent material for your research paper. The teacher will almost definitely not have any objections to these texts – after all, they recommended them.
All that’s left is to find the program. You need to look for it on the university website listed under “Training Courses” or something similar. If the faculty leadership has not provided information online about the class content (which is difficult to imagine today), then the corresponding booklet in printed form should be available at the department – the methodologist or teacher won’t refuse to provide it.
You could start with the university library. Its collection likely contains a considerable amount of specialized scientific literature, from the academic classics to the latest works. In addition, reputable business journals in the library’s collection likely contain reviews, accompanied by a solid list of publications on the relevant topic.
Materials are freely presented to staff and students. That said, the timely availability of these sources of information and, accordingly, the timeliness with which you can commence writing a business research paper may be hindered if the materials are limited and already checked out. Furthermore, as a rule, university library collections are open only to registered users, and acquiring identification and validation, depending on the specifics of the established procedure, can take from a couple of minutes to several days.
As a last resort, you can use Wikipedia. No, not as material for writing a business research paper, but as a list of tips for searching for relevant literature. At the end of all articles in the “free encyclopedia that anyone can edit” there is a list of sources used by the author of the wiki material. Among them, there are often very reliable sources – studies published in peer-reviewed publications and even original scientific works of leading figures in certain fields of knowledge.
Now, let’s provide some examples, for inspiration, of a rather unusual “business” topic centered in the fields of medicine and ethics – euthanasia.
Business papers writing help from EssayShark experts
After looking through so many topics, you might be a little bit bewildered about what to choose. It’s better to select a subject that you partly discussed in class or which you care about. Also, you shouldn’t take easiness as a key criterion for making a choice. Some topics that can seem easy can turn out to be difficult, and vice versa. In case you are panicking and can’t concentrate on anything, apply to EssayShark.com research paper writing service. Our support team will help you to overcome academic challenges.