Infographics or informational graphics are one of the most convenient visual tools to present your data laconically. Cool infographics are widely used in social media marketing and presentations. Why not use them in studies? They will help not only to present a lot of information in one slide, but also to impress your instructor and your classmates. For example, if you want to demonstrate the demographics for the last 100 years in some country, or if you want to compare the economics of two regions, or if you want to make an unusual resume to demonstrate your practical skills in Web-design, infographics are a perfect discovery for you.
How to make infographics to turn boring data into fascinating visualizations? Firstly, one is required to set a particular aim to follow. Make sure the information you are going to speak about can be presented in several phrases, numbers and pictures and will get the audience interested.
How to Make Infographics
- Use as little text as possible. It should only give emphasis to particular facts, but nothing more. The main parts of an infographic are the images, graphs, lists, scales, etc. (2/3 of the whole information).
- Choose relevant and unusual facts to make cool infographics. For example, digital technology experiments of Finnish teachers, strange traditions of students from all over the world, the meaning of social media in science, India’s recent space mission, disease and death rates of vegetarians, and many others.
- Check chosen facts attentively before including them in your infographic. Be skeptical about the resources and choose reputable “.edu” domains, and other tried and tested sites.
- Choose online programs which are the easiest for you to work with. There are dozens of free applications for you, so you don’t to worry about how to make infographics on your own. With their easy and user-friendly templates, you will manage to create an impressive presentation, comparison, analysis, review, or any other type of assignment within several hours or less.
- Look through your infographic attentively. Make sure you’ve presented all the information you were going to in a simple and collaborative way and that its facts are logically connected with each other. It should be visually awesome and look impressive to the audience.
- Introduce sources you’ve used while preparing your infographic.
Infographics are cool for your reports, reviews, results of your lab reports, presentations and other types of assignments which need thoughtful research and are limited in the amount of words. Truly speaking, it is an easier and more convenient way to accomplish your task. In addition, you get benefits from the process itself and save a lot of time on research.
Be creative in your studies and use all the tools of modern gadgets and applications to your advantage. You can create cool infographics on your way home, while waiting for the next class or during your lunch break at work.
Thank you for your attention and for being with us! Study well and find new solutions to accomplish your routine assignments.