Good Topics for an Argumentative Essay
[Post information was updated in July, 2019]
There are lots of argumentative essays topics here to help you write your essay. Our ideas will be helpful to anyone wanting to write a good argumentative essay. Along with these topics, you can also find samples related to different disciplines. If you choose an idea but find you can’t write a paper on your own, you can simply buy argumentative essay on our site.
The List of Good Topics for an Argumentative Essay
- Is buying a lottery ticket a good idea?
- Is religion the cause of war?
- Is fashion really important?
- Are feminist women being too harsh on other women who don’t support the movement?
- Is a highly competitive environment good or bad for studying or working?
- Is it true that life 100 years ago was easier?
- What are the drawbacks of a democratic political system?
- What is cultural shock and how does it impact our perception of other people’s cultures?
- Should working moms be given special privileges?
- Should there still be any quotas for accepting people from minorities?
- Is being fired a suitable punishment for cyberbullying?
- Are cell phones really dangerous?
- Will we ever be able to stop using social media from our own free will?
- Can humanity get rid of the Internet and continue developing?
- Are reading ebooks worse than reading paper books?
- Should content on the Internet be more restricted?
- Will paper money be substituted by electronic money?
- Does a constant social media connection make people feel more lonely and stressed?
- Do technologies that ease housekeeping, such as a robotic vacuum cleaner, make people too idle?
- Who is responsible for the excessive amount of abusive language in comments (under blogs and social media posts, videos, etc.) on the Web?
- What is the impact of technology on people’s ability to create?
- What is considered as superfluous usage of the Internet, and can it be counted as a form of addiction?
- Is it ethical to tell someone else’s secret to a person involved in that secret (for example, if you discover that your friend has been cheated on)?
- Do paparazzi violate the private lives of celebrities?
- Is it fair that people with no special skills get famous and rich from social media?
- Is it a good idea to start a diary?
- Should people help the poor?
- Can a person whose spouse is in a coma demand a divorce?
- Do beauty pageants influence the moral values of society in the wrong way?
- Should women who don’t have enough money for living opt for an abortion?
- Does a person with a physically or mentally disabled significant other have a moral right to cheat?
- Is killing a murderer immoral?
- Is it moral to refuse to save someone’s life if there’s any risk for your own?
- Does the amount of information we have to learn in school get bigger? Is this good or bad?
- Does home schooling undermine a child’s ability to learn how to socialize?
- If college education is made free, will it be more or less qualitative?
- If compulsory homework is canceled, would children stop learning at all?
- Should children be taught at school about gender nonconformity and various types of sexual orientation?
- Should the grades or attendance for gym impact the GPA of a student?
- Are standardized tests a good way to evaluate someone’s knowledge?
- Should children be occasionally tested for drugs at school?
- If a child doesn’t like the subject, can a school administration absolve him or her from studying the subject on the parents’ demand?
- Should all subjects be optional?
- Is it useful or harmful to give treats to a child when he or she does well in school?
- If your child doesn’t like studying, is it acceptable to force him or her?
- Is it irresponsible to have many children? (five or more)
- At what age should parents allow teenagers to try alcohol?
- Should siblings of different gender be treated the same way by parents?
- Do parents have the right to read their children’s personal diaries?
- At what age should gadgets be introduced to children?
- If parents find out their teenage child takes drugs, do they need to apply to specific institutions or settle the problem on their own?
- Should parents allow teenagers to have plastic surgery if they don’t have obvious defects?
- Do parents need to invade their teenage children’s personal relationships?
- Should healthcare systems be free or paid?
- Should fast food come with a warning, like cigarettes and alcohol?
- Would it be better if the world had a universal healthcare system?
- Should people who suffer from incurable diseases be euthanized if it is their wish?
- Does the time when people go to bed affect their health?
- Should shopping addiction be considered as a real disease on a governmental level?
- Are causes of obesity more physical or mental?
- Should office workers be obliged to follow certain rules, such as washing hands, to reduce the frequency of spreading viruses and infections?
- Do children of school age need to be provided with free mental therapy?
- Does the lifespan depend on genetics more than on other factors?
- Do all kinds of sports bring benefits to people’s health?
Art, Movie, Literature
- Should bookstores establish age limitations for certain books?
- Are movies of the 21st century much crueler than movies filmed in the 20th century?
- To what extent should movies that depict historical events be accurate?
- Should schools use electronic textbooks to save paper?
- Should paintings that contain nudity be censored?
- Is it acceptable to bring children to exhibitions of a photographer who performs in nude style?
- Do actors take mental risks when playing different characters, including psychopaths and murderers?
- Should people read more books or articles to develop their mental horizons?
- Is watching television series a waste of time?
- Do famous artists have an innate talent, or do they put in great effort to learn how to draw?
- Should the Federal Bureaucracy be allowed to adopt rules that have the same weight as laws passed by legislative bodies?
- Should the House of Lords have veto power over the House of Commons?
- Should judges make rulings that will benefit society?
- Should the states nullify federal laws if they violate the rights of states as sovereign republics in the Union?
- Should owning firearms be allowed in all states?
- Is the Supreme Court more powerful than other branches?
- Should citizenship by birth be canceled?
- Should the Fourteenth Amendment be changed, and how?
- What laws related to collecting metadata should be changed?
- In what cases should prosecuting a child as an adult be allowed?
- Was colonialism beneficial to any country, and why?
- What strategies should be adopted today that were used by Adolf Hitler during WWII?
- Is Abraham Lincoln a hero to Americans? Why?
- Was expelling Native Americans justified?
- Was the Soviet Union justified in occupying Eastern Europe at the end of WWII?
- What caused the Mexican-American War?
- What was the result of the dissolution of British rule in India?
- What was the result of the American Civil War?
- Was Prussia successful in making Germany a single nation?
- Was American agriculture changed after the invention of the cotton gin?
Controversial Essay Topics
- Can same-sex parenting negatively influence a child’s mentality?
- Is gender equality in US politics possible?
- Is humanity ready to contact aliens?
- Should governments limit childbirth to fight overpopulation?
- What country is likely to start the Third World War?
- Are women more emotional than men?
- Does human morality develop as quickly as technology?
- Do computers make us smarter or not?
- Why can’t humans treat animals as equals?
- Who can regulate abortion issues?
How to Choose the Best Argumentative Essay Topic
Even after reading through easy argumentative essay topics, many students don’t know how to start writing an essay. Often this is caused by the fact that the topic is too broad. The more specific your topic is, the better the essay you will write. Selecting such a topic, you will kill two birds with one stone: you will get a perfectly written essay, and also reduce the chance of writing on a topic that has been used by others.
After reading through controversial argumentative essay topics, you need to choose the one that will be the most interesting to you. In this way, you will easily write your essay. Choosing the right topic plays a great role in writing and, as a result, in getting a good grade. We have collected the most interesting topics for you, so choose any of them and start your writing without worries!
Where to Get More Good Argumentative Essay Topics
Sometimes it can be difficult for a student to find a good argumentative essay topic. Our site allows you to find a proper topic from our lists, as well as argumentative essay examples. However, if you are tired of trying to write the best paper ever, you can also get our help from our essay writing service. Change your grades for the better by simply placing an order on EssayShark.com!