Discover Easy History Essay Topics for Amazing Papers
Today is inseparable from yesterday. All people and nations live by history: we speak languages that have come down to us from the distant past, we live in societies with complex cultures inherited from ancient times, and we use technologies developed by our ancestors. Thus, the study of the relationship between the past and the present is an undeniable basis for a good understanding of modern human existence. This explains why history is an important discipline to study. Acquaintance with history is accompanied by writing numerous papers in it. The following essay ideas for high school students will help you in creating amazing papers.
Easy Essay Topics for High School Students: Ancient World
- The concept of world history. Periodization.
- What similar characteristics do paintings of the time of the French Revolution and ancient Greek art have and why?
- What are the main characteristics of Natufian culture?
- Assess the significance of an event in the life of Leonidas in Ancient Sparta.
- What is the significance of the Cucuteni-Trypillia culture in world history?
- Identify and explain the most significant similarities and differences concerning women in Ancient Athens and Ancient Sparta.
- What are the main features of politogenesis?
- Athens or Sparta? Which of these ancient Greek city-states do you think had the most ideal institutions, and why?
- What do we have in common with civilizations of the Ancient East?
- Compare the lives of ancient Greek women from citizen families during the Hellenic (Sparta and Athens) and Hellenistic periods with those from Rome (753 BCE to 500 CE).
Historical Essay Ideas for High School: The Middle Ages
- What caused the great migration of peoples in the Middle Ages?
- What effects did the bubonic plague (Black Death) have on European social, economic, cultural, and political life in the late Middle Ages?
- What were similarities and differences of Barbarian kingdoms?
- The music from the Middle Ages.
- What were the main features of medieval society and political institutions of that time?
- Thinkers during the Middle Ages.
- What influence did Roman Catholic Church have in the Middle Ages?
- The level of scientific knowledge in the later Middle Ages.
- Urbanization in a medieval city.
- In what ways do the spiritual, cultural, and technological innovations of the later Middle Ages reflect the political, social, and economic changes brought about by the Black Death?
Historical Essay Topics for High School Seniors: 16th – 18th Centuries
- What are the main features of Italian Humanism and the Renaissance?
- Explain how European civilization at the time of the Renaissance helped promote exploration and colonization of the New World.
- The reasons of strengthening the absolute monarchy in France.
- Slavery in the Renaissance.
- Causes and effects of the liberation war in the Netherlands.
- What were the key elements of political and social life in the Renaissance?
- Causes and effects of the First Revolution in England.
- To what extent did the Renaissance influence the Protestant Reformation?
- The path to parliamentary monarchy in England.
- International relations in the 16th-18th centuries.
Easy History Essay Topics: 18th – 20th Centuries
- What were the main features of formation of the empire of Napoleon I?
- What did Napoleon have to do with the French revolution?
- Causes and effects of the defeat of Napoleon’s empire.
- Revolutions of 1848-1849 in European countries.
- Why was so little achieved by nationalists in Germany between 1815-1848?
- Formation of nation states in Italy and Germany.
- Contrast the impact of nationalism in Germany and the Austrian Empire from 1848 to 1914.
- Causes of the American Civil War 1861-1865.
- Effects of economic development of Western countries in the 19th century.
- What are the features of artistic culture of the late 18th to the early 20th centuries.
Historic Essay Ideas for High School Students: 20th Century to the Present Time
- Causes of World War I (1914-1918).
- Had World War II stemmed directly from World War I and the Great Depression?
- How did the economy change at the beginning of the 20th century in Western Europe?
- American women during and after World War I.
- Political development of Western Europe in the interwar period.
- How did World War I transform the political landscape of the Middle East?
- Causes and effects of the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939).
- Events and causes that led to World War I.
- Countries of the world after World War II.
- Causes and effects of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
We hope that each person can find a topic for writing from these lists of easy history essay topics. If you do not know how to write a paper correctly, you can ask EssayShark to help you. Your essay will be well structured, unique, and interesting. Our writer will make the essay look great. Why not get our writing help right now?
Photo by Tama66 from Pixabay