Hiroshima Essay Topics for History Papers
The first military use of nuclear weapons in the history of mankind took place on August 6, 1945, during the Second World War. In order to persuade Japan to surrender, the USA dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima. About 70 thousand civilians died as a result of the shock wave, and over 200 thousand died from the effects of nuclear radiation.
These events are often considered in the study of history in educational institutions. That’s why we have gathered Hiroshima essay topics, which will give you ideas on what to write in your paper. Choose one of them to write an interesting paper.
Cause and Effect Hiroshima Essay Topics
- Effects of radiation sickness in Hiroshima.
- Why did President Truman decide to drop the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? What other options did he have?
- Analyze the historical and contemporary causes of the event in Hiroshima.
- Evaluate the later consequences of the event in Hiroshima.
- What impact did the bombing on Hiroshima have on US-Japanese relations?
- The bombing on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the before and after effect of the devastation.
- The political consequences of bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.
- Ecological effects of the nuclear bombardment of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Why did America drop the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
- How did the dropping of atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki affect our notion of security? Make sure to identify and distinguish the immediate and longer-term significance in your answer.
- On what grounds have historians disagreed about the reasons for the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki? What is the current state and significance of this disagreement?
- What were the affects of the total body exposure after the bombing of Hiroshima?
Argumentative Hiroshima, Nagasaki Topics
- The atomic bomb on Hiroshima wasn’t necessary.
- Was the United States justified in the atomic bombing of Hiroshima? Nagasaki?
- Was the use of the A-bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 necessary to end the war against Japan?
- Were the nuclear bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima necessary?
- Discuss the dropping of the atomic bombs by the USA on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. In your opinion, was this decision justified? How did the dropping of the atomic bombs contribute to the global Cold War from 1945 to 1990?
- Was there a need to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki to persuade the Japanese to surrender?
- Was the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki a war crime?
- Whether the US should have dropped the atomic bomb on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Arguing for it.
- The atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was necessary for ending the war.
- Thomas Nagel argues that the bombing of Hiroshima is an example of a morally prohibited “terror-bombing” rather than a legitimate attack on a military target. What reasons does Nagel give for his view?
- Obama should not apologize for Hiroshima.
- What was the role of the Hiroshima bombing in starting the Cold War?
- In the book “Hiroshima” by John Hersey, did the Hiroshima victims try to blame their sufferings and those of their fellow citizens on someone? The Americans? Their own government?
- Do you agree with President Truman’s decision on the bombing of Hiroshima?
Analytical Hiroshima Essay Topics
- Analyze different historical interpretations of the Hiroshima bombing.
- Analyze the ideological basis for the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the techniques and technologies used.
- Analyze the interest or indifference of neighbors and nations during the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Analyze the factors that encouraged/discouraged the Truman administration to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Analyze what happened in Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
- Why do people who survived the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki rarely talk about their tragic experiences?
- Why did the atomic bombing of Hiroshima on August 6, 1945, and the subsequent bombing of Nagasaki on August 9, become the only military use of nuclear weapons to date?
- Why were the bombing survivors of Hiroshima victims of discrimination?
- How are the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings taught in Japanese schools?
- How did the events in Hiroshima and Nagasaki influence the elimination of nuclear weapons?
Compare and Contrast Hiroshima, Nagasaki Topics
- What were the differences between the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
- Are the Iraq/Afghanistan Wars justifiable, and how do they compare to the use of the Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
- Compare and contrast “Hiroshima” by John Hersey and “On the Beach” by Neville Shute and how they try to deal with the issue of nuclear obliteration.
- Write a synopsis of the film “Hiroshima Mon Amour” (1959) and historical comparison to pop culture.
- Compare Adam Mayblum’s “The Price We Pay” with Don DeLillos’s “In the Ruins of the Future” and Hachiya’s account of “Hiroshima Diary.”
If you have chosen one of these Hiroshima essay topics but don’t know how to write your paper effectively, you can get help from EssayShark. Our team is full of essay writers who have knowledge of history and experience in writing papers of this type. So, if you decide to get our help, simply place an order with your requirements on our service!
Photo by La coccinelle from Unsplash