65 Topics About Environmental Pollution for Your Essay
Our planet is constantly changing, along with its inhabitants. Some changes are natural, but others are caused by the most annoying species – humans. And those changes aren’t for good.
Industry, transportation, and agriculture often cause horrifying environmental catastrophes. Air, water, and soil are polluted with toxic and poisonous elements that endanger animals, plants, and ourselves. Tons of plastic, pesticides, and oil wastes make huge territories of water and land uninhabitable.
Pollution can be considered one of the worst enemies of humanity. The more we know about this danger, the more effectively we can fight it. Check out our topics about environmental pollution and learn more about this issue!
General Topics About Environmental Pollution
- Is current waste treatment enough to save the planet?
- Are environmental problems harmful to businesses in the long run?
- Is the responsibility of politicians for environmental problems higher than that of citizens?
- How does light pollution affect citizens’ health?
- Is industrial pollution the main cause of modern environmental catastrophes?
- The effect of light pollution on the development of astronomy.
- What type of transportation causes the lowest pollution?
- What type of transportation is less ecological? Should it be illegal?
- What diseases do toxic chemicals cause in marine animals?
- Is pollution a price of progress?
- Does environmental protection harm technical progress?
- How to reduce pollution at home.
- What are the main sources of nutrient pollution, and how can it be reduced?
- Is toxic pollution the most dangerous form of pollution? Why or why not?
- Explain the danger of sediment pollution.
- Can global pollution be considered an economic failure?
- How does phosphate pollution of rivers lower life standards in cities?
- Can decreasing waste be beneficial for big industrial companies?
- How is consumerism causing the environmental crisis?
- Should corporate rules regarding pollution prevention be regulated by law?
- Is human overpopulation the main cause of environmental issues?
- Are renewable sources of energy totally eco-friendly?
- The effect of light pollution on sea turtles’ hatchlings.
- Does the fertilizer industry cause more harm than good?
- Why are urban areas more polluted than rural ones?
Topics About Environmental Pollution: International Level
- Analyze the international laws about carbon emissions.
- The toxic dust pollution in Seoul, South Korea.
- How does China solve the problem of pollution?
- Why is the Haitian coast highly polluted with plastic?
- Did the Macondo disaster have any effect on the laws regarding oil and gas pollution?
- How can Arabic countries reduce oil pollution in the Arabian Gulf?
- What everyday habits of Americans make grave pollution inevitable?
- Why couldn’t environmentally conscious citizens of Japan avoid grave environmental problems?
- Sound pollution in American megalopolises and its effect on human health.
- Can the creation of artificial islands in the United Arab Emirates cause extreme water pollution?
Ideas for Topics on Water Pollution
- The environmental threat of chemicals in Long Island’s water.
- Plastic pollution in the Caribbean marine ecosystem.
- Water pollution in Florida: Tampa Bay.
- How does deforestation in Canada affect the quality of water?
- What countries have the highest level of water pollution? Why?
- What prevents countries from uniting the efforts to solve the problem of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch?
- How does ocean pollution harm human health?
- Describe and compare three major types of marine pollution: plastics, oil spills, and sound.
- Water scarcity and water pollution in Central Africa.
- Can river dumping be considered a type of water pollution?
- Water pollution caused by hurricane Harvey: how did it happen?
- How does dairy farming in New Zealand cause waterway pollution?
- What are the social causes of river pollution in India?
- What makes groundwater pollution dangerous?
- What are the after-effects of water pollution with nitrates?
Topics on Soil Pollution for Your Essays
- How does soil pollution affect farming in the USA?
- Is agriculture the main source of soil pollution?
- Compare herbicides and pesticides and their impact on soil pollution.
- The main after-effects of soil pollution.
- What natural processes cause soil contamination, and how?
Topics About Environmental Pollution for Definition Essays
- Define the term “noise pollution.” What are the main sources of noise pollution?
- Define the term “disruption of habitat.” How many species are endangered by human activities?
- Define the term “ecological footprint.” How can we reduce it?
- Define the term “environmental racism.” How can it be stopped?
- Define the term “ENGO.” How do these organizations contribute to saving the Earth?
- Define the term “thermal pollution.” Name three sources of thermal pollution and compare them.
- Define the term “light pollution.” How is it harmful to the environment?
- Define the term “desertification.” Name and explain the main causes of desertification.
- Define the term “antibiotic pollution.” What makes it a global threat?
- Define the term “acid rain.” Analyze its main causes and consequences.
Ecology is a discipline of great importance. It helps us to understand natural processes better and live in harmony with nature. Hopefully, our topics about environmental pollution have shown you how harmful human activities can be. Our author also believes that an essay on any of these topics will bring you a good grade.
If you don’t have time or energy to compose your paper by yourself, don’t worry. EssayShark is a service that can deal with any kind of homework. We help students who have various writing problems, such as a lack of time or original ideas, complex instructions, and poor command of English.
You can apply to our writers at any moment! Fill in the ordering form, pick the best candidate for your order, and enjoy the result. EssayShark guarantees total confidentiality and safety of your personal data. Don’t hesitate to get better grades now!