Vietnam War Topics for History Papers
On January 27, 1973, after four years of negotiations in Paris, an agreement was signed for the termination of the war and the restoration of peace in Vietnam. According to the document, the American troops, who lost 58,000 people since 1965, acknowledged the victory of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam and left the country.
This military conflict still remains a popular theme to discuss in history classes, and students are often assigned to write papers on it. Before starting to write your essay, we recommend you to check out our Vietnam War topics. While reading them through, you can come up with your own idea for writing, or you can select one of the listed topics to write your paper on.
Discussion Vietnam War topics
- Discuss how the civil rights movement affected the Vietnam War.
- Discuss Australia’s involvement in the Vietnam War.
- Discuss the relation between the Vietnam War and the Revolutionary War.
- Discuss if Operation Frequent Wind at the end of the Vietnam War was a successful outcome of the war as a whole.
- Discuss Laotian Hmong’s involvement in the Vietnam War.
- Discuss protest songs during the Vietnam War.
- Discuss the influence of Nixon and Kerry on the Vietnam War.
- Discuss the impact of the media on the Vietnam War and how it negatively affected the US.
- Discuss the effects of the Vietnam War on American society.
- Discuss the protests against the Vietnam War.
Argumentative Vietnam War essay topics
- How did the Vietnam War influence art, clothing, and music for or against the war?
- The impact of the Vietnam War on American religion and culture.
- Did America win the Vietnam War?
- How did the Vietnam War affect domestic politics and policies? How did it help weaken the dominant political philosophy of the 1960s?
- Reasons for US military involvement in Vietnam, the nature of the Vietnam War, and the impact of the conflict on American domestic society and foreign policy.
- What caused the Vietnam War, and what were the key events in the war?
- The significance of the Vietnam War in American culture.
- The movie “Hearts and Minds” and the Vietnam War.
- From its beginning, the Vietnam War was one of the most unpopular wars in American history. Why do you think this is true?
- What were the causes of the Vietnam War?
- How were the civil rights movement and the Vietnam War connected to one another?
Persuasive Vietnam War research topics
- What went wrong with the Vietnam War?
- The role of the antiwar movements in the US during the Vietnam War.
- What were America’s goals in Vietnam? Do you believe they were achieved?
- How did America’s experience during the Vietnam War affect the nation’s attitudes toward the military in the decades after the end of the war?
- To what extent was the Vietnam War a pointless costly failure?
- Focusing on the time period of 1964-1975, analyze the ways in which the Vietnam War magnified economic, social, and political tensions in the US.
- The significance of the Vietnam War.
- John F. Kennedy and his stance on the Vietnam War: What influenced his decisions? Would he have sent in troops if he wasn’t assassinated? Did the Korean War and Cuban Missile Crisis change anything?
- Why did the USA get involved in the Vietnam War?
- Why did America lose the Vietnam War?
- How did the Vietnam War affect the US economy?
- How did the Vietnam War change the way our government works?
- Analyze the ways in which the Vietnam War heightened social, political, and economic tensions in the United States. Focus your answer on the period of 1964-1975.
- The domino theory effect between the Korean War and the Vietnam War.
- Technology and violence in the Vietnam War.
- The negative effect of propaganda on the Vietnam War.
Vietnam War thesis topics
- The treatment of African Americans during the Vietnam War.
- The media’s impact on the Vietnam War.
- History of the Vietnam War.
- American involvement in the Vietnam War.
- Causes of the Vietnam War.
- The Vietnam War and Vietnamese refugees.
- The Vietnam War as portrayed in “Forrest Gump.”
- Post traumatic stress disorder in the Vietnam War.
- Politics and military during the Vietnam War.
- Protesting in the 1960s during the Vietnam War through a historical lens.
- Military strategies based on the Vietnam War.
- Propaganda during the Vietnam War.
If you are afraid of writing a poor quality paper, you can leave your assignment to us. If you are unable to write your paper on your own, our professional writer will do it for you. Even the most difficult papers can be easily written by our writers. You will receive your paper on time, as our writers always stick to the deadlines.
If you use our service, we will do everything possible to satisfy your needs.