80+ Educational Research Topics
Even the most successful students sometimes don’t know what to write about in their papers. Choosing a topic for a research paper on education can be a challenge. If you have been looking for the ideal topic for a long time, then our article is what you need. We offer you the opportunity to check out our topics to research for school education papers.
Educational institutions often have their students practice writing scientific papers in order to demonstrate the students’ learning. We’ll look at some simple ways to select a topic that will illustrate students strengths and help them to express themselves.
What should you pay attention to when choosing a topic?
Research papers are a common type of assignment that is used by teachers to test students’ knowledge. They are also used in order to stimulate and motivate students to search for new information and learn to work with a variety of sources. If a student does not receive a list of education research paper topics to choose from, they can select a topic independently, and these recommendations can help them:
- When choosing a topic, you should take the direction of your studies as a basis. For example, students who choose the direction of elementary school or preschool education study in a program that differs significantly from, for example, grad school pedagogy.
- It’s a good idea to consult with your supervisor; they can suggest topics for education research paper that would be useful to study within a particular subject.
- Regular reading of relevant literature, watching webinars and attending events (conferences, congresses, seminars) will help you to keep abreast of events and be aware of the most relevant topics.
- If you have already decided on the topic of the coursework or upcoming thesis, you can also choose the topic of a more near term essay which will allow you to explore it in more detail in the future and help you lay the groundwork for future theoretical chapters.
- And of course, your own interests and preferences should play an important role in your choice of topic. Interest in the topic being studied will be the best incentive for developing it.
Additionally, to select a topic for a research paper, a student can contact the department, where there are teaching aids with a list of recommended research topics about education.
Important! If the teacher provides their students with ready-made topics, it is better not to delay the choice overly long. If it’s one topic per student, the best ones might get grabbed by other students fast.
What properties distinguish a good research topic?
A well-chosen topic for a research paper should, if possible, have the following fundamental properties:
- Relevance. How interesting is the topic for modern science? Will the research answer any key questions?
- Opportunity. Is it possible to further study and develop this topic?
- Elaboration. On average, a topic is considered well-developed if a search query on it produces at least 30 results (links to monographs, articles, scientific works of various levels).
- Clarity. The topic should be clearly formulated and easily understood.
General educational research questions
- What influence does teacher-student interaction style have on learning success?
- What should teachers do to foster environmental thinking and care for the environment?
- What is the influence of the style of interpersonal communication with the teacher on the quality of students’ speech development?
- What is the place and role of ethics in teaching?
- How does professional retraining impact education?
- What influence does family and school have in raising the next generation?
- What are growing educational trends in the USA and abroad?
- What can creative thinking be encouraged in middle and high school?
- What types of unspoken biases exist in modern education?
- What is the role of theoretical research in education?
- What are methods for determining success in pedagogy and how does one apply pedagogical research in schools?
- What is the “activity” approach in the theory and practice of modern general education?
- What is the “holistic” approach in the theory and practice of modern general education?
- What are the connections between the study of pedagogy and the study of other sciences?
- How can scientific research be used in education?
- What are the challenges of implementing modern technology in the classroom?
- What advantages are there to group research projects?
- What are the advantages of having students do solo work on research projects?
Research questions about education innovations
- What are considered to be innovative activities in modern education?
- What is the best way to research innovations in pedagogy?
- What are the features of innovative general education standards?
- Why does resistance to educational innovations in some countries exist?
- What are factors hindering innovation in education?
- How can a multi-disciplinary focus in higher education be innovative?
- Are students open to innovative ideas?
- What are the attitudes of most teachers and professors to innovations in education?
- What are interactive methods of teaching that have historically led to innovations?
- What are objective methods of testing knowledge?
- What is the best school development program?
- How does one encourage innovation in a school?
- What is an innovative approach in modern general education?
- What are innovative and technocratic strategies in primary general education?
- What are innovative ways to implement ethical standards schoolteachers pedagogy?
- What are innovative survey methods for elementary school teachers to improve their teaching?
- What are innovative ways to make diverse students feel welcome in schools?
- What are the primary things inhibiting innovation in pedagogy now?
Preschool education research questions
- How should teachers teach children about economic activity at the preschool level through play activities?
- What are the moral ideals of folk pedagogy and how can they be of benefit to preschool children?
- Can computer games be a means of effectively teaching and educating preschool children?
- How can teachers use children’s natural curiosity to help them learn difficult concepts at the preschool level?
- How should we build interaction between a preschool educational institution and the family of pupils using modern interactive technologies?
- How should teachers develop sanitary and hygienic skills amongst preschool children?
- What are the common research activities and what are the conditions for their development in modern preschool education?
- How should teachers develop ethical standards of behavior through gaming activities?
- How should teachers implement sensory development of preschool children through the introduction of games and toys in the educational process?
- How should teachers stimulate cognitive activity in preschool children?
- How should one organize the educational environment in preschools based on the age characteristics of pupils?
- How often does practice match theory in teaching preschool students??
- Is it useful to personalize lesson plans for individual students at the preschool level?
- What are the best ways to deal with troubled students at the preschool level?
- What are the values guiding most preschool teachers?
- What do observation and content analysis contribute to preschool learning?
- What kinds of psychological tests are used to diagnose mental illness in preschool students?
- What are the best ways to stay abreast of the latest teaching methods at the preschool level?
Research questions for education and correctional pedagogy
- How do you help school-age children with low attention spans?
- If a student has difficulty with spatial orientation, what are some ways to help them?
- How do you help develop socialization skills in children with mental retardation?
- What are the unique features of the educational process for children with disabilities?
- How can one work with children with increased motor activity?
- What are the features of speech disorders diagnosed in adolescence and how can they be helped?
- What can one contribute to the emotional development of children deprived of nurture at young ages?
- What are the primary ways teachers can help families raising children with special needs?
Research topics in education for university students
- Functions of pedagogical research in the system of primary general education.
- Classification of pedagogical research methods in the system of primary general education.
- The concept of “pedagogical methodology”; patterns, functions, levels of pedagogy methodology. Objects of methodology in pedagogy (theories, concepts, paradigms). The relationship between general scientific and specific scientific methodology. Science, philosophy, religion as ways of comprehending education reality.
- Philosophical level of pedagogy methodology: existentialism, neo-pragmatism, neo-behaviorism, dialectical materialism, religious philosophy as the basis for modern education theories and concepts.
- General scientific level of pedagogy methodology: systemic, structural, functional, activity-based approaches as the basis for the design and construction of education systems.
- The specific scientific level of pedagogy methodology: general characteristics of modern scientific and education approaches.
- The main characteristics of scientific and pedagogical research: relevance, problem, topic, object, subject, purpose, objectives of the study. Range of current methodological issues in education. Methodological foundations in the case study.
- Formulation and justification of the current problems in primary general education.
- “Science methodology” in education. The levels of methodology defined.
- The object and subject of a problem of scientific research in education. Essential characteristics.
- Education in the system of human sciences and modern social process: tendencies of humanitarization.
- Culturological approach in the theory and practice of modern general education.
- Classification and systematization of data in scientific and pedagogical research in the field of general education.
- Categorical apparatus of pedagogical science. Patterns as a subject of scientific research.
- Levels of scientific research in general education. Main characteristics of scientific research in a modern school.
- The concept of research method. Classification of pedagogical research methods in school settings.
- Sociometric methods of pedagogical research.
- General requirements for presenting research results in school settings.
- Methodological culture of the teacher-researcher and teacher-practitioner.
- The teacher’s choice of conceptual foundations for his professional position.
- Reflection as an integral part of the teacher’s methodological culture.
How to avoid mistakes while choosing a topic?
Studying the discipline of education involves acquiring the skills and abilities to pass on valuable knowledge to future generations. It includes not only pedagogical aspects, but also psychological, since teachers are regularly interacting with students on a personal level. For this reason, among others, teachers’ jobs are complex and multifaceted.
The chosen topic for an essay on pedagogy obviously plays a big role in the success or failure of writing a research paper. An interesting text can reveal the strengths of the future education specialist. Topics on which many scientific papers have already been written may look good, but will not allow the student to stand out. Research papers based on independent research done by the student using various sources can do that however.
In this case, the chosen topic should be relevant and original. A topic could be devoted to any number of aspects related to education, for example: :
- Preschool education.
- Social pedagogy.
- Primary school education.
Important! If we are talking about writing a research paper at a university, then the work should be closely related to the student’s specialty.
Writing assistance from industry experts
The EssayShark company has been helping students with paper-writing for many years and offers assistance to students in all subjects and disciplines. Our advantages are our vast experience, our team of the best authors – collected from all over the world, and our guarantees of on-time delivery and the best price, as well as an individualized approach to each client.
You can also get benefits of our free tools for writing – title generator, essay prompt generator, GPA calculator and many others.
Use our writing hub to solve all your writing problems.
Photo by Joanna Kosinska from Unsplash